Image: Made by Girl
This post is for bloggers and blog readers, alike. I know there's lots of chatter about this topic and I think people are still a little puzzled. I'm going to do my best to explain the ins and outs both as a blogger and a follower. So, let's get right to it. . .
LIKEtoKNOW:IT is an app that is powered by RewardStyle, the affiliate program many bloggers use to monetize their blog content.
LIKEtoKNOW:IT | liketoknow.it | LIKETOKNOW.IT | liketkit | liketk.it = the same thing! ;)
It's a way to monetize your instagram and give your followers immediate access to the items you're wearing or featuring in your photo. Any item that is part of the affiliate program can be linked in a liketkit post - clothes, makeup, accessories, home decor, etc.
You no longer have to ask "where's that from" - it gives you immediate access to the items that your favorite bloggers are posting on their instagrams! Woop!
1. Download the latest version of the RewardStyle app
2. Click the envelop icon along the bottom
3. Then choose "post a new liketkit"
4. This will open your camera roll - choose the photo you want to use
5. Then you'll choose items from one of your folders that are relevant to the photo
6. The app will generate your custom liketk.it link - you can add your caption here or wait until the photo opens in instagram
7. Click the up arrow in the corner, the photo will open in instagram, and publish!
1. Register your email at liketoknow.it (you only have to do this once)
2. "Like" your favorite instagram photos with a liketk.it link
3. You'll get an email sent to your inbox with the links to those items - you can shop the items directly from that email! So easy!
4. In the "settings" you can choose how often you want to receive the emails - ASAP | Daily | Weekly
5. You can easily unsubscribe at any time
For a visual, this is what a LIKEtoKNOW:IT post looks like in your inbox and online:
1. I recommend still tagging the brands in your photos. Your followers want that information immediately - it's just courteous and thoughtful.
2. Only link relevant items! If something isn't exact I would point that out in your caption. There's nothing worse than expecting to get the link to a particular item and getting something completely different sent to your inbox!
3. Put yourself in the followers shoes - what do you want to get from the bloggers you follow?
4. Use the LIKEtoKNOW:IT widget for your blog so readers can shop your feed! (You can see mine over on my sidebar)
5. Always use @liketkit and #liketkit when posting your photos!
1. You do not have to have the RewardStyle app to access/sign up for LIKEtoKNOW:IT. On your end, it's all working from your online account and email.
2. It gives you the ease of not having to hunt for an item online - the blogger has done that for you!
3. You can copy and paste a liketk.it link into your browser and access the items featured in that particular photo.
I hope this was helpful and shed some light on the LIKEtoKNOW:IT mystery. If you have any questions, feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or leave a comment. I would love to hear your thoughts about using LIKEtoKNOW:IT - both bloggers and blog readers! Tell me what you think!